Sony RCA uses a Shout Hotline to Promote Legendary Charlie Wilson’s New Album
Charles Kent “Charlie” Wilson (born January 29, 1953), also known as Uncle Charlie, is an American R&B singer-songwriter-producer and the former lead vocalist for The Gap Band. As a solo artist he has been nominated for nine Grammy awards and three NAACP Image Awards, received a 2009 Soul Train Icon Award, and was a recipient of a BMI Icon Award in 2005. In 2009, he was named Billboard magazine’s No. 1 Adult R&B Artist, and his song “There Goes My Baby“ was named the No. 1 Urban Adult Song for 2009 in Billboard Magazine.
On June 30, 2013, BET honored Wilson with a Lifetime Achievement Award that was presented to him by Justin Timberlake. The BET tribute performances included renditions of Wilson’s songs performed by India Arie (“There Goes My Baby”), Jamie Foxx (“Yearning for Your Love“), and Stevie Wonder (“Burn Rubber”) but it was not until Wilson himself took to the stage at the request of Timberlake to perform his Grammy-nominated song “You Are” and then transition into a medley of hit songs performing alongside Timberlake and surprise guests Snoop Dogg andPharrell Williams that Wilson stole the show during the youth oriented program. The Charlie Wilson tribute helped BET achieve the highest ratings in years for the program and also earned the network the #1 primetime spot in the 18–49 demographic topping all its broadcast and cable competition for the night in both demographics and total viewers.
Wilson is the national spokesman for the Prostate Cancer Foundation where there is a Creativity Award in his name which donates hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to researchers across the country for the development of creative science that conforms to PCF funding principles but is short-term and designed to allow development of otherwise unfunded ideas. Wikipedia
- Legendary Giorgio Moroder orders Shout Line for New Song Release
- From Robbing to a Record Deal: The Tee Grizzley Story
- Tweets About Halsey’s Use of her Shout Hotline
- Tweets about the DNCE Shout Hotline
- DNCE Continues its Hotline Campaign Releasing New Song Ft. Nicki Minaj
- Joe Jonas gives DNCE Hotline Number out in all of his Socials for Fans to Call
- DNCE uses a Shout Hotline to Promote New Track & Tour Dates
- Tee Grizzley uses a Shout Hotline to Promote His New Mixtape
- Halsey uses Shout Hotline Number to Release New Video, Song & Album
- Rob Thomas uses his “Social Media Phone Number” to Raise Money for Sidewalk Angels!